What's a cookie?
- A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Cookies are either:
* Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
* Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
*Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
*Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
*Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
* Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
* Advertising Cookies
To provide this “interest-based advertising”, parties combine non-personal data about your online activities over time which helps cater advertising that we deliver to you. Examples of this may include an Audentity Records advertisement on a Facebook page, or a Google owned page such as a search results page or YouTube, or on a site within Google’s advertising network. We do not share your personal information as part of this process. Where necessary, we obtain your consent for this process. At all times, you can opt out of these personalised ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory
Cookies used by our service providers
- We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- We use Mail Chimp to manage our email list and to analyze sales. Mail Chimp gathers email addresses and sales information when a purchase is made. The information gathered is used to send marketing email and create reports about our sales data. You may opt-out from any direct marketing from the unsubscribe link within each email. https://mailchimp.com/
- We use Best Currency Converter, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency."
- More information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org